Lindenwold Board of Education
High School and Middle School
The Counseling program provides support to all students. Our main focus is to work with students, teachers, parents, administrators, and the community for the betterment of each and every Lindenwold Public School child. All students are assigned a counselor who assists them in their emotional and social development by helping them to understand themselves, to make the best of their abilities, to know the educational and career opportunities available to them, and learn to be mature and responsible decision makers. Counselors also work with other members in the school and community in order to provide special services for students. All counselors maintain confidentiality with all students, families, and school community members.
School Counseling Department Services
- Consultation with parents/guardians
- Monitoring student's academic progress
- Coordination of Homebound Instruction
- Student registration and course selection
- Educate students in Conflict Resolution Skills
- Consultation with School-Based Administration and Related Services
- Coordination of Building Intervention Committee
- Consultation with Child Study Team
- Coordination of School-Based and State Assessments.
The school counselor can address a variety of issues with students. Such as:
- Academic performance
- Anger management
- Career interests
- Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- Family changes (death, divorce, moving)
- Peer relationships/social skills
- Classroom behavior
- Positive decision making and goal setting
The school counselor may provide students with one or all of the following services:
- Brief solution-focused individual counseling
- Group counseling (social skills, emotional control, and self-esteem).
- Classroom guidance lessons
The school counselor can also:
- Connect students and families to community resources or agencies.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, and administrators to ensure that student needs are being met.
- Assist with behavior modification plans for students.
- Assess and assist students experiencing a crisis situation.
It’s important to note that school counselors do not provide “therapy” or comprehensive mental health services. Referrals for outside counseling are available for students in need of more long-term or additional assistance.
Click here to visit the Lindenwold High School Counseling site
Click here to visit the Lindenwold Middle School Counseling site
801 Egg Harbor Rd.
Lindenwold, NJ 08021
Phone: (856) 741-0320
Fax: (856) 741-0350
Director of Pupil Personnel Services