Lindenwold Board of Education
Lindenwold Public School District transports over 1,900 students each day to and from Lindenwold schools. We contract most of our transportation services with First Student, Inc. First Student administrative offices are located at 835 Watsontown Road, Berlin, NJ 08009 and they can be contacted at (856)753-0222.Below are some basic guidelines for transportation in our district:
Mileage Limits:The Board of Education shall transport eligible pupils to and from school and school related activities in accordance with N.J.S.A. 18A:39-1 et seq., N.J.A.C. 6A:27-1 et seq. and Board policy. The Board will provide transportation to and from school for public school pupils less than remote from their school in grades PK through 8 who live more than two miles from the school they attend. All students in grades 9-12 will be transported when they live more than two and half miles from the high school.
Bus routes for all non-remote pupils who must walk to and from school along hazardous routes will be designated. The Board will consider, but shall not be limited to, the criteria outlined in N.J.S.A 18A:39-1.5 in determining “Hazardous Routes.”Board policy states that all students in Grades Preschool, Kindergarten and Grade 1 must have a parent or guardian present at a bus stop for their safety. If a parent or guardian is not present, the student will be returned to the school building and must be picked up.
Routes and Stops:Prior to the beginning of each school year, routes are established so that vehicles will travel the roads safely and serve the largest number of students within a reasonable time.
Recommendations for parents:
- Students are only authorized to ride the bus assigned to them.
- Students are expected to be in compliance with the Student Code of Conduct in regard to behavior on all buses.
- Parents are responsible and liable for any willful or malicious damage done to school buses by their children.
- Help your child to be on time at the bus stop. We recommend arriving 10 minutes early until the bus route establishes a regular timeline.
- Do not ask the driver to stop at places other than the designed stop.
- Assume responsibility for educating your child to cooperate with the bus driver.
- Insist on good behavior while waiting for and riding on the bus.